Sunday, June 1, 2008

June Issue

Now that life is starting to settle down, I thought it was time to try a new recipe from the current issue of Cooking Light. Friday night I did the Chipotle Salmon Burgers on page 106. I used 2 frozen salmon fillets from Costco so I'm not certain what the total weight was. I thought I had less than a pound so I tried to adjust the other ingredients accordingly. I chose to not do the flavored mayonnaise. The result was rather spicy for all of our tastes so I would try to use only a half a chipotle chile next time. Angie has a wonderful mango salad that would have been a great side dish to the salmon burger and the mango could have been used in the flavored mayonnaise.

Be sure to post your attempts with any of the recipes. Have a delicious month of June!

No comments: